Fort Lauderdale’s Premier Adrenal Fatigue Treatment Center
Adrenal fatigue is a relatively common (and very treatable) condition in which the adrenal glands begin to malfunction.
Normally, the adrenal glands release cortisol into the bloodstream. Cortisol is used by the body in several ways, most notably for the proper function of the brain and regulation of blood sugar levels. When the adrenal glands are not working properly, cortisol levels will begin to drop off. Over time, this can result in serious problems.
The good news is that adrenal fatigue is something that is relatively easy to treat. Once it is diagnosed, there are a variety of treatment options available, depending on the severity of the condition. Call Preferred Men’s Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL to accurately diagnose and treat your adrenal fatigue.
Top Signs You May be Suffering from Adrenal Fatigue
Although there are many symptoms of adrenal fatigue—and not every person suffering from the condition will experience every symptom—there are some common things that are usually good indicators of the condition. The most common symptom is a feeling of being tired, lethargic and run-down, even after a good night’s sleep. As the day goes on, people who suffer from this condition will find themselves exhausted and unable to focus.
Other symptoms include:
- Depression. An unexplained and persistent feeling of depression or hopelessness may very well indicate lower than normal levels of cortisone. Everyone has an occasional down day, but those suffering from adrenal fatigue may find their feelings of despondency to be persistent.
- Craving for fatty or salty foods. If the body feels low on energy, it will naturally begin to crave foods that are high in energy. Unexplained or new cravings may be a sign that there are low cortisol levels in the body.
- Sleep problems. People suffering from adrenal fatigue may have difficulty falling asleep, or remaining asleep once they do drift off. These problems may persist even when the person is very tired and worn out.
- Sexual issues. Diminished cortisol levels have been linked to decreased sex drive and other sexual dysfunction.
- Memory problems. A low level of cortisol can result in a difficulty remembering things, especially short-term memories.
- Muscle mass loss. As adrenal fatigue continues, many people begin to lose muscle tissue.
It is worth noting that many of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue are shared by other conditions, as well. For this reason, people suffering from adrenal fatigue are commonly diagnosed with other illnesses such as lupus, fibromyalgia or depression. These misdiagnoses can lead to doctors prescribing medications that really won’t help the patient. For this reason, it is important to correctly diagnose the issue as adrenal fatigue.
The doctors at Preferred Men’s Medical Center can properly diagnose adrenal fatigue after performing a simple saliva test. This test measures the level of cortisol in the body. It is key to properly diagnose adrenal fatigue because if left untreated long enough, it can eventually result in heart and cardiovascular damage as well as metabolic system issues.
Effective Treatment for Adrenal Fatigue in Ft Lauderdale, FL
Treatment for adrenal fatigue is usually relatively simple. Changes in diet and exercise routine may be all that’s needed. In some cases, hormone therapy may be utilized to restore cortisol levels. In any event, adrenal fatigue is highly treatable, and those suffering from it should seek help.
If you are experiencing symptoms of adrenal fatigue, call us today. You don’t have to suffer through this alone.