Did you know that an activity as easy to pick up as yoga comes with a wide range of sex benefits?
From the bridge pose to the downward-facing dog pose, numerous yoga techniques are primed to fuel the fire in the bedroom. This sexual advantage is not exclusively felt by women, men can experience these sexual benefits as well.
While there are clinically-approved treatments like acoustic wave therapy and low testosterone therapy that can reliably improve your sexual health, yoga sex positions are viable natural remedies to combat an unsatisfactory sex life.
Let’s learn about how yoga sex positions improve your sex life, as well as the different poses you can try to enliven your bedroom escapades.
Traditional Yoga Benefits
A recent study published in PubMed proved that yoga increases physical fitness. Specifically, it helps improve one’s core strength and flexibility.
Besides that, yoga also comes with the following health advantages:
- Reduces stress levels
- Improves concentration and awareness
- Increases flexibility, sensitivity, and control
- Gives you more energy
- Improves your strength and muscle tone
- Improves your mental health
If you’re looking for an approachable exercise to take on after a long period of a sedentary lifestyle, yoga is a great option.
With that said, yoga’s natural health benefits can spill over and reintroduce passion in the bedroom as well.
How Does Yoga Help Improve Sexual Health?
According to a study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, individuals who practiced yoga regularly experienced a significant improvement in a wide gamut of sexual functions.
- Sexual desire
- Sexual satisfaction
- Libido levels
Another notable finding in this study is that participants aged 45 and over have experienced significant sexual function improvements compared to their younger-aged counterparts.
Yoga’s ability to enhance a man’s sex life is rooted in the fact that it helps ground us to the present moment. Yoga requires us to be mindful, which is a key element when stimulating sexual desire.
After all, it’s understandably difficult to gain an erection if your mind is preoccupied with appearances and performance anxiety rather than enjoying the intimacy of the act.
But the benefits don’t stop there. Yoga can also improve oxygenated blood flow and strengthen pelvic muscles, which all contribute to better orgasms and erectile quality.
As such, if you’re suffering from periods of dryness in your sexual life, it wouldn’t do you any harm to perform a yoga pose every now and then.
Yoga Sex Positions: List of Top Techniques
Practice yoga techniques to improve your sexual function by reading the following orgasmic yoga positions:
The Kapalbhati technique has been used for centuries to prolong ejaculation. However, one published study laid out the benefits of this yogic technique in a clinical fashion.
This team of medical researchers discovered that this technique helps prolong sexual activity for both men and women. It also helps improve male sex function due to enhanced blood flow to the penis.
- Sit upright with your legs crossed and your eyes closed.
- Deeply inhale through the nostrils, expanding your chest.
- Exhale with full force through your nostrils, contracting your stomach.
- Continue passively inhaling and forcefully exhaling 30 times.
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
- Repeat Steps 4 to 5 two more times.
2. Bridge Pose
The Bridge pose is a pelvic core exercise that fires up your sexual strength by increasing blood flow to the pelvic area.
This pose works the pelvic area making this an ideal pose for people with weak pelvic floor muscles.
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend both knees and place your feet hip-width apart, knees aligned with your ankles.
- Spread your fingers and place your arms flat on the floor, palms against the ground.
- Raise your pelvis above the ground along with your torso. Keep your shoulders and head on the ground.
- Maintain the position for 5 seconds.
- Release your tension.
3. Cobra Pose
The cobra pose is a yogic technique that strengthens your core and pelvic region. This grants men more stamina when doing a thrusting position, which translates to better sexual performance.
- Lie down belly first into the ground.
- Place your palms flatly on the ground, and raise your elbows pointing straight back.
- Point feet and toes downward, engaging your thigh in the process.
- Squeeze all parts of your lower extremities (legs, thigh, ankle, knees).
- Inhale, simultaneously pushing your pelvis down and raising your chest. Pull using your shoulder muscles and palms.
- Hold the stance for a minute. Then, release.
- Repeat 1 or 2 times more.
4. Corpse Pose
The corpse pose is usually the last pose performed during a yoga session, and for good reason. It’s the ultimate breathing exercise that allows you to release stress from your body. By simply relaxing your breath and body for a few minutes, you can enter a state of deep relaxation.
- Lay down flat on the floor with your feet spread less than 12 inches apart and palms towards the sky.
- Relax every part of your body.
- Keep still until you’re ready to end the pose.
5. Frog Pose
The frog pose is useful in releasing tension across your groin area. Its most notable benefit is to increase blood circulation around your pelvic area, which is a key factor in improving arousal.
- Lie down on your hands and knees with your knees pointing outwards.
- Widen your legs while pushing your hips back. Your inner thigh, inner knees, and inner ankles should be facing the floor.
- Hold on to this position for one minute.
- Repeat once or twice.
Contact South Florida’s Top Male Sexual Health Clinic for a Medical Consultation
If your sexual health has taken a downturn lately, regular yoga practice can revitalize your sex life and boost sexual pleasure.
Yoga improves your sexual arousal by enhancing both the physical and mental faculties of the body.
It’s not a be-all, end-all solution for andropause, low testosterone, or sexual dysfunction, but it can help patients manage their conditions more readily.
For people who are seeking more professional medical assistance, consult a sexual wellness doctor to formally diagnose your condition.
The medical professionals at men’s clinic Preferred Men’s Medical Center specialize in treating conditions that impact men’s health. Our concierge approach positions your unique case at the centerpoint of our focus. We don’t just give you a pill and send you on your way. We treat the underlying issues that led to conditions such as ED, Low Testosterone, and more. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.